10 Breezy Halter Dresses for Every Summer Day
During the dog days of summer, the absolute last thing you want to do is pile on the layers. When you’re not stuck in an overly air-conditioned cubicle at work, nothing says warm-weather fun like a slew of summer slip dresses, lazy girl-approved slides and off-the-shoulder silhouettes. And if the latest throwback trend from the ‘90s and early ‘00s is any indication, it won’t be long before you’re adding a back-baring halter style to the mix. Easy as throw-on-and-go, these effortless tie-neck styles call to mind beach bonfires and spontaneous trips to the fair. Kick off summer with these 10 rad halter styles dress boutiques online that deserve a top spot on your checklist of must-have necklines for summer. Proceed to dress ‘em up or down for every summer function coming your way.
1. Fashion Union Halter Neck Frill Dress in Floral Print ($45): Bring on the frills with this flouncy floral halter dress that’s ready to tango the night away. There’s no doubt you’ll light up the dance floor with your killer moves and towering stilettos in tow.
2. Tobi Robyn Linen Halter mid length dresses ($98): Found it. Between a yachting party in the Hamptons and Sunday brunch on the veranda, you’ll need a LWD this sophisticated in your summer capsule wardrobe. Teamed with a midi length, halter neckline and a polished tie-front bow (!), it doesn’t get more DDG than this. Sign us up, please.
3. Forever 21 Pineapple Print Halter Dress ($13): Cue the date-night vibes with this must-have pineapple print halter dress that’s equal parts fun and whimsical. Stack on the arm candy and show off your gorgeous gams by teaming it with some throwback platforms.
4. Banana Republic Mint Halter-Ruffle Dress ($138): Here comes the blushing bridesmaid! Whether you’re serving as your BFF’s maid of honor or attending as a plus one, you need a cocktail dress with this much panache. Everything from the minty fresh hue to the playful ruffles and conservative halter neckline has got us swooning hard — especially when you throw some nude ankle-strap heels and chandelier earrings into the equation.
5. Lulu’s Photosynthesis Statement Green Print Halter short dresses ($48): Fact: You can’t pack for a stint in paradise without including at least one easy-breezy day dress. Between an afternoon spent by the pool and a romantic dinner under the stars, this tropical palm leaf halter dress is just the thing to have on standby. Sun-kissed skin and natural beach waves are obligatory.
6. Halterneck Maxi Dress ($70): Update your festival-going style with this gorgeous Moroccan-inspired halter neck maxi dress that’s just as comfortable and airy as it looks. Whether you’re heading to a boho-themed bridal shower or networking function, this chiffon beauty is a winner on all fronts. Get this: You don’t even have to worry about accessories — the turquoise stone embellished neckline does the work for ya.
7. Ale by Alessandra Hi Low Halter Dress ($150): Get the most bang for your buck with this hi-low halter dress that can double for a summer wedding, wine tasting at the vineyard or an excursion into the city. The blue and orange tie-dye print is versatile enough to be dressed up with espadrilles or pared down with metallic Birks.
8. Glamorous Lace Halter Maxi Dress ($230): Non-traditional brides, we’re looking at you! Whether you’re getting hitched this summer in a gorgeous vineyard in the south of France or have a slew of summer soirees already penciled in your iCal, a swoon-inducing white gown is non-negotiable. As if the elegant halter neckline wasn’t enough, the all-over lace and subtle mermaid hem will make for the ultimate red carpet-worthy entrance.
9. Tropical Escape maxi dresses on sale ($168): Oh, this old thang? Get ready to channel your inner Grecian goddess with this hibiscus print maxi that’s made for a tropical getaway or, better yet, an episode of Bachelor in Paradise. Keep the balmy temps away by pairing the steamy halter silhouette with a fishtail braid.
10. Forever 21 Contemporary Crepe Halter Dress ($23): Plunging neckline? Check. Captivating hue? Check. Come-hither silhouette? Triple check. Gear up for a summer of shenanigans with this flirty crepe dress that won’t go unnoticed on the dance floor.
Will you rock a halter neckline this summer?
|Total comments: 0|